Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: F1 spectacular to hit Belfast streets  (Read 6831 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Hero Poster
F1 spectacular to hit Belfast streets
« on: March 19, 2010 »

It will be a case of from Bahrain to Belfast this week, when motor racing ace David Coulthard drives a multi-million pound car around Northern Ireland's capital city.

The Scotsman was in Manama on Sunday watching a fleet of high-powered machines as he commentated for the BBC at the Formula One GP won by Fernando Alonso.

This Saturday night he will whizz down Wellington Place in one himself as he steers a Red Bull F1 car, which can do speeds of up to 270mph, past City Hall.

Coulthard, who is a consultant for Red Bull Racing, said he was looking forward to the challenge.

"I am delighted to have the opportunity to visit Belfast and bring Formula One a bit closer to the people of the city," he said.

"I know Belfast is renowned for its love of motorsports and I'm sure I'll get an amazing welcome as always."

The driving spectacular will take place at 2000 GMT on Saturday from the Black Man statue in Wellington Place and will finish at the law courts.

Earlier in the day, (1200 to 1600 GMT), the public will get the chance to visit the Red Bull garage at the gates of City Hall, providing a snapshot of the scenes at the F1 paddocks.

David Coulthard joined the BBC as an F1 pundit last year after a 16-year career as a Grand Prix driver in which he won 13 races and finished a best of second in the world championship to Michael Schumacher in 2001.

He began his F1 career at Williams following the death of Ayrton Senna in 1994 and moved to McLaren in 1996 - the start of a 10-year spell that made him the longest serving driver in the team's history.

After leaving McLaren at the end of 2004, he joined Red Bull, scoring the team's first podium at Monaco in 2006.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8567150.stm

Kirth

• Sr. Poster
    • Kirth Ferris Photography
Re: F1 spectacular to hit Belfast streets
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010 »

I got my Access all Areas pass today! Does that mean I get to sit in the car too??

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]