Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: New Cotswold openning in Cornmarket Belfast in July  (Read 9839 times)

ChuckMcB

Just got a text from the Mrs. saying the above.

A poke about their site doesn't say anything but I did find this in the Vacancies section:

Belfast - NEW STORE
Roles: Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Supervisor, FT and PT Retail Sales Assistants, Retail Admin Support, Visual Merchandiser. Please send a CV & covering letter to belfastcity.recruitment@cotswoldoutdoor.com

Left menu -> Company Information -> Vacancies

can't give direct link....stupid site is all in flash....

It's good to get a bit more competition in the centre of Belfast....but IMHO Tiso already beats them for price every-time (for the low/medium end gear that I've been looking at).

Edit: just found a non-flash version of their site. Here's the link to the Vacancies

Edit #2: (Cornmarket not Corkmarket) Seems as if the shop's going to kinda opposite Starbucks, kinda beside the old John Frazers unit.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010 by Chuck »

Celt_Ginger

• Sr. Poster

Cotswolds are more likely to give you discount for being in a group like the Scouts, Mountaineering Ireland or the DoE. I get 20% of everything at Cotswolds. I've never has so much as a penny discount at TISO

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster

Me too. Cotswolds give me 15% for being a CANI member.

ChuckMcB

Well that kinda confirms it (in my mind anyway...'cos it suits my argument): Cotswolds mark up items to then give discounts...

Celt_Ginger

• Sr. Poster

Not usually marked up any more than TISO stuff is. Both tend to sell their gear at full RRP

chris

• Hero Poster

yeah I generally found cotswolds cheaper than tiso's. Recently I found that tiso's is going way down hill in terms of what they stock seems to be mainly rucksacks and north face now!

NeilB

• Top Poster

It's not so much the price  that gets me it's the attitude of people in tiso's generally quite bad

ChuckMcB

@chris: Have to agree, since their refit a couple of months ago they seem to have less stuff.

@NeilB: I've got stories to tell about both companies. (present company excepted) Customer service in NI is a bit...erm..patchy at times...

(The first time I was in Cotswolds I really warmed to the place...took me a while to figure out why...then I realised they were playing Radio Paradise  my fav online radio station {next to Soma FM})

Anyhow, I've got affiliate accounts with both, must pull their datafeeds and do a price comparison :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010 by Chuck »

MG1

• Hero Poster

Blacks are opening a store in Belfast as well.
If you die with all your parts working your not trying hard enough!

ChuckMcB

Should be some good bargains to be had at Blacks, I understand their parent company, Blacks Leisure Group, who also own Millets, is having £££ problems, so we may get a clearance store.

Last but not least we've got Decathlon opening down near Ikea direction

twentyclicks

• Hero Poster
  • Photographer, wanderer, bike enthusiast
    • twentyclicks

If it clears anything up - I can give some info on Tiso as I work there at the weekends (although am not doing this as a spokesman for the company, just as an NI-Wilder sharing info).

The store do discount for DoE and have reintroduced discount for MCI and MCI affiliates (card must be present to get discount). 
Any other businesses, clubs, associations etc can enquire about being put on the list for the "club discount nights" that are run a few times a year.  From my time there, there tends to be rolling promotions across different lines of stock, with 15-25% off, every 6 weeks or so.

Regards stock - having been a browser for years I haven't really noticed any change in variety.  While it's true that they do stock a greater proportion of Berghaus, North Face and Icebreaker ranges (just as I think of Lowe & Paramo in Jackson's and Mountain Equipment in Cotswold), there are plenty of key items from other manufacturers, extensive footwear and accessories.  The shop just can't fit anymore in.

Regards customer service - I'm surprised, but I guess everywhere and everyone has bad times.  I find everyone really friendly & willing to give the right advice regardless of price or stock - it fits with my attitude and is why I enjoy working there.  Sure, say hello if you see me you'll always get a smile :D
Craig
-----------------------
"Go thou my incense upward from this hearth,
And ask the gods to pardon this clear flame." - Thoreau

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors

Any other businesses, clubs, associations etc can enquire about being put on the list for the "club discount nights" that are run a few times a year.

Would NI-Wilders be eligible? ;)

I have to say that I've given off in the past about receiving poor customer service from Tiso, which did put me off slightly.  But, my last few trips have been dead on and the staff I've spoken to have been really helpful so I can't complain going be recent experience.  Not to name names or anything (::)) but I think its just the store manager that got my back up! 

twentyclicks

• Hero Poster
  • Photographer, wanderer, bike enthusiast
    • twentyclicks

NI-Wild probably would be eligible - I think they try to get as many groups involved as possible.  Next time I hear of an upcoming club-night I'll let admin know so they can get in touch.
Craig
-----------------------
"Go thou my incense upward from this hearth,
And ask the gods to pardon this clear flame." - Thoreau

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]