Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Linked Events

• Belfast Titanic Maritime Festi: June 04, 2010 - June 06, 2010

Author Topic: Belfast Titanic Maritime Festival 2010  (Read 5511 times)

eventadmin

• Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
Belfast Titanic Maritime Festival 2010
« on: June 03, 2010 »

Belfast Titanic Maritime Festival
Friday 4 - Sunday 6 June 2010
Times: Friday 12pm - 7pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am - 7pm
Venues: Belfast harbour and river lagan

For the fifth year running, we're bringing you a weekend of maritime-themed family fun on the Belfast quaysides, supported by the Belfast Harbour Commissioners.
Food and entertainment
On Clarendon Dock, you can experience live music, children’s entertainment, the international market, and a variety of exhibitions exploring Belfast’s rich seafaring history.

On Queen’s Quay, the nautical theme will continue with a culinary celebration of all things fishy to tantalise the taste buds. There will be a seafood marquee with cooking demos, interactive and traditional arts and crafts, outdoor games, sports demos and face painting.

So come along and be entertained by live music and street theatre, as you get the opportunity to visit some of the ships and boats on show.
Free shuttle bus
A free maritime shuttle bus service will operate during the festival on Friday 4 June from 12noon to 7pm and Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 June from 10am to 7pm. It will depart from outside the Odyssey every 10 minutes.
Bus route

* Outside the Odyssey
    * Lanyon Quay
    * City centre - Donegall Sqaure South (behind City Hall)
    * Pollock Dock (this stop will only be operational during naval vessel opening hours on Saturday and Sunday, 12noon – 5pm)
    * Clarendon Dock at Corporation Street
    * Donegall Quay (just beyond Corporation Square)
    * Outside the Odyssey.

Parking information
No parking is available at the Clarendon Dock or Pollock Dock sites throughout the event.

The Odyssey pay car park will be open to the public and is an ideal site for people to park and use the free shuttle bus service. Visitors can also use many of the central city centre car parks as our shuttle bus stops at Belfast City Hall.
Disabled parking
Disabled parking is available at Clarendon Road but must be booked in advance by emailing our Events Unit at events@belfastcity.gov.uk

70 designated disabled parking spaces are also available at the Odyssey pay car park on a first come, first served basis.

Contact Details

For further information on this event, please contact the Belfast Welcome Centre on 028 9024 6609
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010 by eventadmin »

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Belfast Titanic Maritime Festival 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010 »

Anyone going to this? Think we're going to go down on Sunday for a wander.

666_pack

• Hero Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010 »

i'll be working in the Merry monk(German beer tent) all weekend! Will you be after yer NI-Wild discount? ;)
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HAVE FUN

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010 »

Oh my word yes - you're a king among outdoors men! Wifes driving and I'm more than happy to queue for 25 minutes for a beer :D

i'll be working in the Merry monk(German beer tent) all weekend! Will you be after yer NI-Wild discount? ;)

ChuckMcB

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010 »

Will skip it again this year, gets a bit mental with the crowds and all...Keep forgetting to go down on the Thursday before to watch the ships come in & get set up...

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010 »

Are there any interesting ships at it this year? I've never been (except for the tall ships).

666_pack

• Hero Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010 »

Oh my word yes - you're a king among outdoors men! Wifes driving and I'm more than happy to queue for 25 minutes for a beer :D

Queue? are you mad man. Go straight over the top of anything that stands between you and yer beer. Just think of it as a summit push 8)

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010 »

I've never done a summit push that involved getting punched by a large man from Sydenham purely because I got there first!

Queue? are you mad man. Go straight over the top of anything that stands between you and yer beer. Just think of it as a summit push 8)

666_pack

• Hero Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010 »

Are there any interesting ships at it this year? I've never been (except for the tall ships).

see here (scroll to bottom) for ships
http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/maritimefestival/docs/MaritimeBrochure.pdf

666_pack

• Hero Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010 »

I've never done a summit push that involved getting punched by a large man from Sydenham purely because I got there first!

not with that attitude ;)

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010 »

Cheers to the Merry Monk for a nice cold one on Sunday Afternoon. Just what the doc ordered after a once round Cave Hill!

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]