Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pro Action Hike Lite 1 Person Tent  (Read 35919 times)

billy backpack

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Sr. Poster
Re: Pro Action Hike Lite 1 Person Tent
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009 »

Must say I can't fault it for the money as I had mine at the Mournes trip ,its so easy to erect ,not a massive weight to carry and when used there wasn't a drop of condensation inside and to mention there is loads of room. Like all things at these prices you can't look too closely (such as the stitching) as you will be able to pick out flaws.

I think it ticks most of the boxes for kit on a budget without compromising on weight to a degree.

Mine was bought on a whim as I was in the process of buying a good lightweight 1-2 man tent and when I seen it thought I would take a chance.

We will see how it fairs at the weekend in the Antrim Hills as I haven't really had a chance to test it in the open under unfavourable conditions (not that I really want them but it was fairly sheltered in Donard Wood)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009 by billy backpack »

chris

• Hero Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009 »

It is the same weight as the hilleberg soulo which costs £410, can it be put up in 3 mins 40 sec,s like the hilleberg ?  i might buy up just to bliz it with everything to see how long it last as its only £18  ;D

3mins 40 secs seems pretty slow. You can a actually wack this up in no time if thats what you look for in a tent.

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009 »

I just reserved the last one in the city centre. Too good a bargain to pass up! I'll give it a testing at the weekend on Salt Island.

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009 »

I just reserved the last one in the city centre. Too good a bargain to pass up! I'll give it a testing at the weekend on Salt Island.

Job done! It packs down small if nothing else. I'll post a review and some piccies after the weekend.

Spark

• Top Poster
    • Causeway Coast Adventure Racing
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009 »

Anyone any experiance with any of these 2 tents? my normal partner for the mmm is not doing it this year and we normally use his terra nova but looking at these 2 for this year.........

http://worldofcamping.co.uk/shop/gelert_solo_1_man_tent__1188

http://worldofcamping.co.uk/shop/coleman_rigel_x2_tent__1665 

The second one is good and light only thing is there is no  porch to put gear or cook...........

chris

• Hero Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009 »

I used the 2 man gelert mongoose last year on the mmm and had no probs with it, took a bit of fidling around to get it taught so it was quiet while were asleep, porch space is minimal to say the least pretty much just shoe sapce but i've never really been into porch cooking. uI've also used it ob various trips and been pleased with it, loads of pocket sapce inside for various items. I know your talking about the 1 man but I'm assuming its the same only slightly smaller!

Spark

• Top Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009 »

Thanks Chris im thinking of just going with the x2 when I thought of it i will prob stink more than my shoes.......lol and hopefully the weather will be as good as the last few years and there will be no need to worry about indoor cooking..........! also the weight of it is great for the value, gonna order one on monday will keep you all posted with a wee reveiw of how it gets on...!

chris

• Hero Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009 »

cool beans, I'll know which tent to look out for then! I'll be the one tryin to cram two people into my bright orange pro action!

Spark

• Top Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009 »

Haha X marks the spot............ have you took part past years? what cat placing?

billy backpack

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009 »

That little x2 badboy looks great value for money, a decent waterproof value and pretty light weight for a 2 person tent.

Spark

• Top Poster
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009 »

That little x2 badboy looks great value for money, a decent waterproof value and pretty light weight for a 2 person tent.

My thoughts X actly................!!! and with a stuff sack im hopeing it will pack down well.............

billy backpack

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009 »

Will have to look at its vitals a little closer , the details on your linked web site arn't really that clear on whether its single skin and it looks like they suggest it folds flat or something if you read the pack size :-\

Spark

• Top Poster
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009 »

Will have to look at its vitals a little closer , the details on your linked web site arn't really that clear on whether its single skin and it looks like they suggest it folds flat or something if you read the pack size :-\

Think it is single skin from what i read on a site that was a bit more expensive...............good call on the dimentions tho..........must go look further into that.......... ???

billy backpack

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009 »

All I can say is my Pro-Action " You've been Tango'd"  Hike Lite will have to do the job. Unless I'm feeling flush and splash out on a Terra Nova or similar

Spark

• Top Poster
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]