Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Forum News

Upcoming Events

There are currently no events in the next 30 days.
Some events are only visible to members. Click here to register for free

Follow NI-Wild

Tweets

Contact us if you would like added to this feed.

Author Topic: Poisonous Mushrooms  (Read 1428 times)

admin

  • Administrator
  • Hero Poster
  • *****
  • Karma: 33
  • Posts: 628
Poisonous Mushrooms
« on: October 13, 2016 »

This article has been doing the rounds. A three year old boy died in Victoria, Canada after eating a Death Cap mushroom while on a foraging trip with his family. Obviously Canada is quite a distance away but the mushroom he ate also grows in Ireland.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/death-cap-mushroom-victoria-boy-poisoned-1.3802245

You can get information on edible fungi here:
http://www.nifg.org.uk/edible_fungi.htm

And the top 10 most poisonous mushrooms are listed here:
http://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/real-life/can-you-recognise-the-uks-10-most-poisonous-mushrooms-286190.html

Be careful foraging folks!
Logged
 

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics