Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Annalong Valley, Percy Bysshe and Cove Caves 9th-10th Oct  (Read 26841 times)

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

About a year ago I caught a show on BBC Northern Ireland called "Off the Beaten Track" and the presenter spent a day in the hills exploring Percy Bysshe and Cove Caves and I would like to track these down myself and do a bit of an overnight bivvi.

By DJing/hosting a full on Disco for my 3yo last weekend; including Laser Lights, Strobe Lights, Black Lights, Mirror Ball and Smoke Machine I have earned just enough Brownie Points to allow me to escape to the hills for a day or so.

I plan to be in Newcastle about 18:00 and will be setting off from Carrick Little car park (J 345 219).  I would like to have started from Silent Valley car park, for a change of scenary, but I spoke to the manager up there and they don't let cars stay overnight in the carpark :(.  If anyone knows of a safe place to ditch a car around the Silent Valley locale please let me know.

It will more than likely be a bit of a night hike to Cove Cave with sunset being around 18:50 and then up Sunday morning for a bit of breakfast and some exploring/amatuer caving.

If anybody would like to join me you would be very welcome.

If You don't Climb the Mountain, You can't
See the View

LennyJ1

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
  • Has climbed with NI-Wild
    • Outdoor Gear UK

I'll be up for this andy,

Need to get permission  >:( and see if I have acess to the car  ???
No one goes inside to clear their head

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

Good stuff Lenny.  If you have problems getting access to the car let me know... I'm sure I could give you a lift.  I can't help out with permission from the wife, that's up to you  ;D
See the View

whoRya

• Hero Poster

I have planned to be up that way on Sunday also.  Was thinking of doing a circuit around that area (Binnian/Lamagan etc), might head up the valley first and see if I bump into anyone.  Mind you looking out for the guy in camoflage gear sounds like a plan doomed to fail.
"Not all those who wander are lost."

Scribble

• Hero Poster

That sounds like fun but I'm working . The sooner I get of shift work the better .. Enjoy
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

RedLeader

• Hero Poster

On Sunday you could do the Devills Coachroad onto Beg then back across Cove/Lamagan/Binnian.

LennyJ1

• Hero Poster
  • Has climbed with NI-Wild
    • Outdoor Gear UK

Good stuff Lenny.  If you have problems getting access to the car let me know... I'm sure I could give you a lift.  I can't help out with permission from the wife, that's up to you  ;D

Cheers Andy thats decent of you
No one goes inside to clear their head

ChuckMcB

About a year ago I caught a show on BBC Northern Ireland called "Off the Beaten Track"  and the presenter spent a day in the hills exploring Percy Bysshe and Cove Caves and I would like to track these down myself and do a bit of an overnight bivvi.
I've got that series here. They are 100MB .avi files. If anyone wants a copy of them give me a PM, I can either upload them somewhere, MSN transfer or if you know your way around uTorrent I have a couple of invites to the site I got them from.

RedLeader

• Hero Poster

I'd quite like these if you have them.

About a year ago I caught a show on BBC Northern Ireland called "Off the Beaten Track"  and the presenter spent a day in the hills exploring Percy Bysshe and Cove Caves and I would like to track these down myself and do a bit of an overnight bivvi.
I've got that series here. They are 100MB .avi files. If anyone wants a copy of them give me a PM, I can either upload them somewhere, MSN transfer or if you know your way around uTorrent I have a couple of invites to the site I got them from.

ChuckMcB

PMs answered.

but I spoke to the manager up there and they don't let cars stay overnight in the carpark
shame that...wonder what happens if you just left your car in the car park with a wee note in the window saying that you may not be back, mobile number & route...the would hardy clamp you would they?

Matthew

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

Sorry I cant make it lad, I saw the same thing on TV and it looked class. I have to work Saturday as its day one of the AQE tests for p7 and a mates birthday Saturday night.

Matthew

Matthew

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

I would also like a copy of these

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

I would also like a copy of these

Call round to my house anytime Matt and bring your laptop or a pen drive and I'll stick them on.  Only 700mbs   :)
See the View

Matthew

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

Cheers lad, it will probably be middle of next week if thats ok.

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

Cheers lad, it will probably be middle of next week if thats ok.

No worries... Whenever suits buddy  8)
See the View
Pages: [1] 2 3

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]