Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Using the Zenith 200?  (Read 4307 times)

Revsi75

• Newbie Poster
Using the Zenith 200?
« on: November 24, 2015 »

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a zenith tent?

I recently sold my banshee 300 and decided to try the zenth 200 2015 inistead (bargain at only £65 from gooutdoors) of going for another banshee but smaller. I have'nt had the chance to use it yet and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this tent?

I've seen some reviews which have all been positive but the same thing always creeps up.... condensation?! Now some have said that they've had no issues with this, others have said that it isn't too bad and it's something they can live with. I know weather etc can play a part in how much condensation you end up with. But I just want to see what others have thought of this tent.

I've pitched it in the garden and I do like it. Just looking feedback from other users.
What ever our wandering our happiness will always be found within a narrow compass, and in the middle of the objects more immediately within our reach.

whoRya

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Using the Zenith 200?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015 »

I haven't got one but all the smaller tents be they Aktos, Laser Comps, Zephyros's etc. pick up a bit a bit of criticism for condensation from some users.  I use a Laser Comp and haven't had any big problems.

Is the zip on the tent door two way?  If so then you can leave that open at the top a bit if it's not raining.  The vents at the ends look like they can provide a bit of airflow.  But if you are using it as a two man tent then you might just expect that you'll get a bit of condensation. 
"Not all those who wander are lost."

Revsi75

• Newbie Poster
Re: Using the Zenith 200?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015 »

I haven't got one but all the smaller tents be they Aktos, Laser Comps, Zephyros's etc. pick up a bit a bit of criticism for condensation from some users.  I use a Laser Comp and haven't had any big problems.

Is the zip on the tent door two way?  If so then you can leave that open at the top a bit if it's not raining.  The vents at the ends look like they can provide a bit of airflow.  But if you are using it as a two man tent then you might just expect that you'll get a bit of condensation.

The tent is essentially the same design as the zephyros - vents at either end but the zenith has the addition of vents at the top of the doors which lead me to answer your query in that the zips are 2 way so they could be left open a bit as you said, if it's not raining?!

The tents only really going to be used by me and my dog. Be rare that a second person will be sharing my tent.
What ever our wandering our happiness will always be found within a narrow compass, and in the middle of the objects more immediately within our reach.

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]