Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Guest Information

This forum is intended as a meeting place for anyone from Northern Ireland interested in outdoor activities. Everyone's welcome and we're family friendly covering just about anything on land and sea. Members organise events regularly and there's always plenty of chat on all aspects of outdoor life in Northern Ireland and you'll get plenty of information on any topic that takes your interest.

Not all sections are available to non-members so click here to sign up for free today and join us for some outdoors fun!

Click here for basic information on the forum and here for how to post events.

Forum News

Upcoming Events

There are currently no events in the next 30 days.
Some events are only visible to members. Click here to register for free

Follow NI-Wild

Tweets

Contact us if you would like added to this feed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: February 21, 2018, 12:09:31 am 
Started by Heggs - Last post by whoRya
Cheers for putting the pics up bud.  I didn't really get many.  Top night it was, the company was appreciated.  A good test for the new tent Heggs.  Mine certainly is showing a lot more flex in the wind.

We got a nice bit of protection on the other side of the wall away from the wind.  The wind chill was fairly noticeable.  And boy did it take a fair bit of effort to get the pegs to go into the frozen ground.  That's the trade off for a sky full of stars.  Well that and being cold even in the sleeping bag  ;D  I actually got up at about 5am to put my map under my sleep mat in a vain attempt to increase the insulation below me!

Have a good one, anyone that has plans for next weekend.

on: February 19, 2018 
Started by Heggs - Last post by Glenn B
Fingers crossed mate I'm really looking forward to seeing somewhere different.

Started by Heggs - Last post by Heggs
Thanks Glenn, it was a great night, we could see for miles. I'm glad we were waking up to bad weather rather than setting up in it though. Hope you guys get a good spell this weekend coming!

Started by Heggs - Last post by Glenn B
Great photies mate you were really lucky with the weather on Saturday it was a cracker of a day/night, just a pity it didn't hold out though Sunday it would have been class to wake up to nice clear views.

Hi Guys, managed to get out this weekend! Graeme (whoRya) led the way and we camped on Bearnagh. It was a really calm clear night and pretty chilly but we had gorgeous views of Castlewellan and the surrounding area. We got punished the next morning though, a windy, wet and foggy walk to the car. Enjoyed every minute of it!

on: February 18, 2018 
Started by Glenn B - Last post by Glenn B
This is one I've been mulling over for sometime and have decided to take the plunge and buy myself a dslr. Now I'm a total beginner only ever having used small compacts but I'd love to be able to take better photos and it's something I'd like to get into more. I'm going to be going second hand as these are costly pieces of kit and I don't want to go nuts on my first foray into this so if anyone has any info, recommendations, things to look out for when buying second hand or if anyone is looking to maybe sell of some of their older gear I could possibly offer you a bad price for it  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Glenn

on: February 16, 2018 
You're bang on about the rain - right around 4pm and didn't stop for ages! I was on Meelmore at that time though so motored on.
Haha, I thought walking in the dark and snow wasn't hardcore enough so went for a swim ;D nah, seriously though it was whatever came up on my google maps so it must've lost me at that point.
Thanks for the comments and hope you get the weather I was looking for last weekend!

on: February 15, 2018 
Started by Heggs - Last post by NIPupper
nice one, i wasn't far away, got to trassey car park around 4pm, by the time i got packed up rain was around, decided to go another day, due to my waterproof coat not really being waterproof. nice route track on your map there, did you really swim across Fofanny reservoir in the dark!! haha

as for the down, got my sleeping bag soaking wet last winter when i was without my bivy bag, cheers puppers. insulation is not good, about the same as it would be if you removed all the down from the bag and soaked the outer material., bag was completely flat, zero loft.. mainly helped to keep any wind off. it's never been the same since, i've heard that tumble drying it with tennis balls helps to break up knots in the down after it gets wet, going to try that.

great photos, going camping this weekend, hope some snow is still about.

Started by Heggs - Last post by torp
Thanks bud will wait to you give a review on it tho  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D class
Cheers Torp

It's a Litetreck 1 by Salewa and I got it from:
https://www.tiso.com/tiso-sale-1135160/salewa-litetrek-i-light-grey-gr-tiso-sale-1135160

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Slieve Bearnagh Winter Wild Camp by whoRya [February 21, 2018, 12:09:31 am]

DSLR advice. by Glenn B [February 18, 2018]

Divis Dander 10/02/18 by whoRya [February 13, 2018]

Blue Stacks by Rusty Madra [February 07, 2018]

Kit stolen in Donard Wood by seanbranagh [January 04, 2018]

Chinese Jetboil by torp [December 21, 2017]

Intro by Glenn B [December 21, 2017]

Christmas Dinner & Camp 2017 by whoRya [December 19, 2017]