Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Tentsile Tree Tents  (Read 4363 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Hero Poster
Tentsile Tree Tents
« on: July 15, 2015 »

This looks like an interesting idea. Eyewateringly expensive though!

Tentsile Tree Tents were conceived as a treehouse that you can take anywhere. Our "tree tents" offer an incredible new way for you and your friends to experience the great outdoors in style, unparalleled comfort, unrestricted by ground conditions and with increased separation from wetness, bumpiness, bugs and other creepies.

Rich.H

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Tentsile Tree Tents
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015 »

What is it they say about fools and money? Oh dear oh dear oh dear this had me chuckling all through a review of them. Putting aside the fact that it is just a big hammock with a mossie net, how many places in the whole of the UK are there where you can 1. Camp either with permission or without being seen, that also 2. Have at least three large truck trees in close proximity but with a handy gap in the middle?

Also that price tag  :o ouch, for that money you could probably buy two full hammock, tarp, bag setups and have change for a couple of beers.

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015 »

I don't care, I still want one  ::) (Well okay, not at that price)

What is it they say about fools and money? Oh dear oh dear oh dear this had me chuckling all through a review of them. Putting aside the fact that it is just a big hammock with a mossie net, how many places in the whole of the UK are there where you can 1. Camp either with permission or without being seen, that also 2. Have at least three large truck trees in close proximity but with a handy gap in the middle?

Also that price tag  :o ouch, for that money you could probably buy two full hammock, tarp, bag setups and have change for a couple of beers.

hud

• Top Poster
  • Do not feed the bear
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015 »

I completely agree Rich....but I'm still totally with RedLeader on this.....I want the humongous one with the thee pods in it...sleeps 6 people.....I want I want I want!!!!

It'l like a hammock and caravan park all in one!!!
Do not feed the bear

velvetmonkey

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015 »

Was on a canoe camping trip on Lough Erne a few weeks ago and someone had brought along a version of the above.
It was completely closed in, but the top cover may have come off and exposed the mosquitoe net - not sure.

Didn't ask how much it was, but I thought for a family camping experience liek no other, this would be the way to go!

The islands on Upper Lough Erne are ideal for this - plenty of suitable trees and anchor points.

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]