Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Hey  (Read 3626 times)

Iva Bogdanova

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Newbie Poster
Hey
« on: July 14, 2016 »

Hi there,
Just moved in Belfast, looking for company for outdoor activities like hiking in the mountains, walking to hills and may be a weekend under the stars if there are people with experience.  Still getting to know the country and people around here. Is there any groups or weekly/monthly tours organized or everybody by themselves?

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
Re: Hey
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016 »

Здравей,

Приятно ми е.  I'm guessing Bulgarian from your name..? I was there on holiday two weeks ago and visited Свети Влас and Несебър

Your very welcome to NI Wild.  We do not organise weekly or monthly trips on a regular basis.  Mostly, members will post to say when they are wanting to go hiking or camping and see if anybody would like to join them. 

We do organise family camps throughout the year, and on special occasions like Christmas and Easter, but we do not have anything planned before the end of July. 

There is talk of a camp at the start of August, so keep an eye on the forum over the next couple of weeks for more information.

In the meantime, have a look at some of our recent camps here to get an idea of what we get up too.

If you are looking to get out for a hike or camp in July put a post up and I'm sure somebody from the site with experience will be able to give you a guided tour of our lovely Mourne Mountains.

Dowser

8)

If You don't Climb the Mountain, You can't
See the View

Iva Bogdanova

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016 »

Здрасти!
Браво - позна от къде съм. I hope you have enjoyed your trip to our beautiful sea sight. I am happy to say that so far I am amazed to see such a beautiful country like yours. Today I was in Newcastle and went to look at The granite trail. It was great time.
Thank you for this tips, I'll keep looking for any outdoor activities, the problem with camps is that I don't have a tent, but we'll see ...
I am so excited!!!
Iva

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016 »

Hi Iva,

I'm glad I guessed your nationality correctly... Could have been very embarrassing if I had got it wrong, having rambled on about visiting Bulgaria and so on  :-[

I really enjoyed my visit and plan to go back, but next time visit Sofia and then travel into the countryside.

Another good area of the site to keep an eye on, or post on is here: http://www.ni-wild.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=391.0  You will be able to see if anyone is heading out for the day, or put a post up yourself if you fancy heading out and want a bit of company.

A tent is always useful for camps, although a lot of us do use Bivvy Bags instead.  It's not confirmed yet but we might be organising a camp for Saturday 6th August in the Mournes, so keep an eye out for that... you would be more than welcome to join us.  If you haven't got a tent sorted by then, but would like to try camping, let us know and we should be able to get you a lend of a tent for the evening.  Our weather can be very changeable, sunny one minute then chucking it down with rain the next so you would need to be prepared for for a bit of everything, including warm clothes for the evening.

Sure, keep the 6th in mind and let us know if you want to join us when the post goes up.

Dowser
8)

If You don't Climb the Mountain, You can't
See the View

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016 »

Welcome. We've been very quiet this year, everyone has loads on. Hopefully in August we'll get a trip or two organised.

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]