Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: How to use the forum  (Read 21371 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Hero Poster
How to use the forum
« on: May 20, 2009 »

You can browse all sections of the forum including photo galleries and events as a guest but to post a topic you must register (Click here for registration). To register just fill the form including a valid email address. Shortly after registration you will receive an email with a link you need to click to validate your membership. This is purely to stop automated submissions.

Once you have activated your membership log in using the username and password you chose at registration and you will now be able to start your own topics and reply to those of other peoples.

This is a work in progress. Please feel free post any suggestions for amendments beneath.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009 by admin »

whoRya

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: How to use the forum
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010 »

I'm having a wee bit of bother with longer posts (keep them short then, goes the shout).  

As soon as I have exceeded the initial edit box, the bit of the box I can view won't scroll down.  I can move the slider on the right down to see the last line where the cursor is but the moment I start to type the view flicks back up to the top.  This means I can't see what I'm typing, it's a bit of a nightmare to be honest and hard to edit.

Any ideas what is up?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010 by admin »
"Not all those who wander are lost."

admin

• Administrator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010 »

We were actually aware of this but haven't got round to fixing it yet. It may need an upgrade to the most recent version of the forum software which is a huge job because NI-Wild is very customised. I'll look at it asap but in the meantime, a workaround is to use any browser other than Internet Explorer. Chrome from Google and Firefox are both excellent (and technically superior and more secure than Internet Explorer).

Google Chrome:
http://www.google.com/chrome

Mozilla Firefox:
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

You can install either (or both) browser without it making any changes to your system. Just don't tick the "Make this the default browser" and IE will stay as your systems default.

I'm having a wee bit of bother with longer posts (keep them short then, goes the shout).  

As soon as I have exceeded the initial edit box, the bit of the box I can view won't scroll down.  I can move the slider on the right down to see the last line where the cursor is but the moment I start to type the view flicks back up to the top.  This means I can't see what I'm typing, it's a bit of a nightmare to be honest and hard to edit.

Any ideas what is up?

admin

• Administrator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010 »

Okay, I've had a quick look and it appears this is a problem with Internet Explorer 8 and there is a simple fix.

You need to view NI-Wild in whats called "Compatibility Mode". It's dead straightforward to do, just follow the instructions here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197

Feel free to PM me with any problems and cheers to whoRya for pointing it out!

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]