Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: 175lb Jaguar Crossbow Rifle with Scope including weaver mounts for sale  (Read 10783 times)

Wild_Camper2013

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Newbie Poster

175lb Jaguar Crossbow Rifle with Scope including weaver mounts for sale

With 175lb draw weight this bow will launch a bolt at blistering 245 fps and is the most powerful recurve crossbow in their range .

Draw Weight : 175 lbs
Limb : Compression Moulded Fibreglass
Barrel : Aluminum Alloy
Stock : black wood
Velocity : 245 fps

Included with the crossbow:

7x 17" bolts
Rail wax
Bow wax
Crossbow Rifle Scope including weaver mounts
Foot stirrup
Spare Pair of knockends for 175lb crossbow rifle

Scope is 4x32 with mil-dot reticle, finger adjustable turret, Parallax setting at 100 yards. complete with flip-open lens caps.

Sell to 18+ only... This is not a toy.

£90 ono

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013 by Wild_Camper2013 »

Rich.H

• Hero Poster

Very very tempting. Just a shame we cant legally hunt with them in the uk so it would get little to no use.

Rusty Madra

• Sr. Poster
  • HAS CLIMBED WITH NI WILD
    • HikersBlog.co.uk

If the land owner gives you permission can you still not hunt with them?

Seems a bit mad but then again a crossbow requires a bit more skill to hit game with. If they made it legal I suppose all kinds of animals would limp off into the wild injured from bad shots.

I'm not mad into hunting but a firm believer if your gonna kill something do it quick and do it right.

Tempted by buying this one tho....
If you're thinking... "wait this might be a bit dangerous".... you're probably on the way to a good adventure!

Rich.H

• Hero Poster

Nope don't matter if it's even your land they are classed as illegal to hunt with, bit daft really when you look at the regulations on the things you can use legally. I've seen the results of a good shot with powerful bows etc and they are perfectly humane and quick so very annoying about all the red tape.

As for skill factor the latest crossbows don't need much more than normal rifle marksmanship skills. They tend to come with very good sights and generally have a larger footprint on the projectile. Also they cause far more damage on contact than something like a .22 so you tend to be sure what ever you hit is going to die, even a misplaced shot tends to cause such damage that the animal has little chance of surviving long from blood loss. Compare it to the scary injuries caused by eegits with air rifles etc and a bow bolt seems almost generous and kind.

Wild_Camper2013

• Newbie Poster

Item is sold...

RedLeader

• Hero Poster

They've been banned for hunting for a while now. I remember an episode of Ray Mears where he made a bow but couldn't actually use it. It was pretty odd. The show was a recreation of the hunter gatherer thing I think where he was making the bow / hunting a deer / cleaning it / cooking it in a pit. Only he at the hunting part he effectively had to nip down the local butcher.

If the land owner gives you permission can you still not hunt with them?

Seems a bit mad but then again a crossbow requires a bit more skill to hit game with. If they made it legal I suppose all kinds of animals would limp off into the wild injured from bad shots.

I'm not mad into hunting but a firm believer if your gonna kill something do it quick and do it right.

Tempted by buying this one tho....

Rusty Madra

• Sr. Poster
  • HAS CLIMBED WITH NI WILD
    • HikersBlog.co.uk

That's the story that was aired anyway :) ... I wouldn't have much doubt that when the cameras were off he'd have a go at it the old school way lol!
If you're thinking... "wait this might be a bit dangerous".... you're probably on the way to a good adventure!

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]