Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Cloughmore Stone  (Read 2432 times)

whoRya

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Cloughmore Stone
« on: April 24, 2015 »

It's been a few years since I was up by the Cloughmore Stone, above Kilbroney Park.  The only route I can find online now is from the top car park, which is less than half a mile.

The last time I was up there I walked from the visitor centre, parallel to the coast road and up through Fiddler's Green.  The main MTB tracks were only being built then.

I was wanting to go up the stone with some families with kids ranging from age 4 up to about 11.  Is the second route I described still open (strange that I can't find it referenced)?  If so, is it in good condition or has it become a MTB track?

Also, if I go up that way, is it possible to make a loop out of it whilst avoiding a trudge down the road from the top car park?

When I went there before I made it a big walk with Slievemartin, Slievemeen, Knockshee etc.  I'm not looking that, but the 0.4 mile walk seems like they have made it a bit too easy. 
"Not all those who wander are lost."

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
Re: Cloughmore Stone
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015 »

There are lots of tracks in the area and i'm sure some are mountain bike tracks so beware, give way to downhill bikers and wear bright clothing!  You can get a map at the rangers office showing all the mountain bike tracks for a couple of pound. Hopefully it will show the walking tracks too.
think outside, no box required

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]