Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: new camera  (Read 3748 times)

robo

• Newbie Poster
new camera
« on: March 03, 2010 »

hi im looking a new camera it dosent have to be a real good one as im not willing to pay to much but im looking one for under a hundread pounds and can zoom in and out with a clear pic. I would appreciate it if you could give me some advice please as i dont know what im looking for. thanks

Kirth

• Sr. Poster
    • Kirth Ferris Photography
Re: new camera
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010 »

If you have £100 to spend I would defo go second hand. If I was buying one I would go for a Fuji Finepix S5700, it had a 10x optical zoom, which is what you are looking for, digital zoom, distorts the image.

There is on of these on ebay and it is sitting around the right money.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FUJIFILM-FinePix-S5700-Digital-Camera-Post-Today_W0QQitemZ260560455456QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN?hash=item3caa9d0720

chris

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010 »

I had a panasonic lumix something or other. They are very easy to use and have a leica lens, I got mine for £50 new so there are bargins to be had!

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010 »

For a compact with a decent zoom range I would take a look at the Panasonic TZ (travel zoom) series.  RRP is over your budget, but Panasonic release a new model every year so you can either get a good deal on last years model or a second hand model.

If you cant stretch to a TZ then you wont go far wrong with just about any Pansonic Lumix or Canon IXUS.  You will find plenty of models new for under £100.  I know that sounds like a bit of a generalisation but both companies make quality compacts and there is often little to choose between them.  Getting a "clear" picture is often more down to the person holding the camera than the camera itself :)

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]