Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Zephros 2 versus coshee 2  (Read 8541 times)

boron

• Jr. Poster
  • Far have I travelled much have I seen.
Zephros 2 versus coshee 2
« on: February 05, 2017 »

Hi all,
I'm building up my gear again to get back out and about. I would be interested to hear all views and comments on whether to buy a zephros 2 or coshee 2 and particularly from anyone who has used or uses these tents.In my younger years I carried about 30lbs + when hiking. As stated in previous posts I'm now in my later years(lol) and walk long distances with the occasional Bivvy up in summer but now want to extend this to all year round. Now days I would carry about 20 lbs or so and can still do several good Northern Ireland peaks in a day. All comments greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017 by boron »

torp

Re: Zephros 2 versus coshee 2
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017 »

Sorry Boron never used any of these however I have recently bought the Vango Sabre and think it's a great tent for the price and I know a few of the guys also use the Vango Banshee and really like it.  At the end of the day it depends on a few things like your personel preference, bang for buck, weight etc.

Good luck as there are many out there lol

Torp :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017 by torp »

hillbilly

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017 »

Boron bout ye. At moment I have the wild country zephros I.  I think it is superb. I have used it in the mournes. Weighing in at 1.5kg or slightly less. I also use the vango banshee which is good. But the zephros is my favourite. As a 1 man tent I couldn't fault it. Hope this helps.

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017 »

I had a Zephros 2 and wasn't impressed. I'd take a Vango Banshee 200 every time in that price bracket.

specimanYak

• Hero Poster
    • Videos
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017 »

I've been using the Zephyros 1 for the last few years and can highly recommend it. It's a proven design, lightweight, robust and easily pitches once you get the knack of it. I'm 5'9 and there's a lot of room for kit and everything else you'd need to keep in the porch.

There's a great review of the Zephyros 2 by MourneMan on The Hikers Blog site here: https://goo.gl/OlZmjI

Also, the Zephyros 1 and 2 are both under a £100 at Cotswolds: https://goo.gl/6dQg01

boron

• Jr. Poster
  • Far have I travelled much have I seen.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017 »

Thanks Yak,
 I've made a decision, I'm going to try the zephros 1, for the hills n hiking. I have a 2 man dome tent the kids bought me, which I am going to use for the fishing outings on the islands and coastal foraging. Thanks also for the input Redleader, Hillbilly and Torp.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017 by boron »

torp

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017 »

Glad you got sorted matey ;)

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017 »

You'd defo know better than me, I didn't use mine much.

I've been using the Zephyros 1 for the last few years and can highly recommend it. It's a proven design, lightweight, robust and easily pitches once you get the knack of it. I'm 5'9 and there's a lot of room for kit and everything else you'd need to keep in the porch.

There's a great review of the Zephyros 2 by MourneMan on The Hikers Blog site here: https://goo.gl/OlZmjI

Also, the Zephyros 1 and 2 are both under a £100 at Cotswolds: https://goo.gl/6dQg01

specimanYak

• Hero Poster
    • Videos
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017 »

I think it's a great tent but I know for the first few outings it was a bit frustrating getting the tent perfectly taut until I managed to get the knack of it. Make sure you peg out the centre guide at both ends first, then the main pole, then the two little poles at either end, following this sequence makes the tent tight and taut.

You'd defo know better than me, I didn't use mine much.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017 by specimanYak »

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]