Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Mournes route included in Giro d’Italia legacy event  (Read 2290 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Hero Poster

Following the announcement that a ‘Mournes’ route has been included in the G’iro d’Iitalia legacy event the Gran Fondo SDLP MLA Seán Rogers has said much work still needs to be done to ensure the area can capitalise on the prestigious event.

Rogers said, “Following the disappointment that South Down was excluded from last years G’iro d’Italia cycle race I am pleased that the Minister, Race Organisers and the Northern Ireland Tourist Board finally accepted my bid to include a Mournes route in the legacy event the Gran Fondo.

“During the discussions I highlighted the truly unique and picturesque route South Down has to offer the cycling fraternity. Exciting and challenging road contours matched with spectacular scenery at every stage of the journey allows South Down to confidently showcase this premier world class event,” he insisted.

The first of the three annual Gran Fondo events will take place on 21st June 2015 and will include a Mourne Route (177km).

http://newrytimes.com/2015/02/26/mournes-route-included-in-giro-ditalia-legacy-event/

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]