Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Outdoors and adventure documentaries  (Read 2599 times)

whoRya

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Outdoors and adventure documentaries
« on: July 28, 2016 »

I thought it might be of interest to members to share some good outdoors and adventure themed documentaries that are available to watch online.  Most of the stuff I've listed I have watched on Netflix.  I've just included a tiny synopsis that has been available online.  Most will have trailers that can be found on the usual sites.

Often the film makers get the mix of gripping stories, humour, videography and the soundtrack pretty nailed on.  I've really enjoyed these and hope you do too.   

Feel free to discuss if you've seen some of them or to suggest alternatives. 

-  Chasing Ice  - James Balog and his team on the Extreme Ice Survey assemble a multiyear chronicle of the planet's rapidly melting glaciers.

-  180 Degrees South   - Adventurer Jeff Johnson retraces a 1968 trip to Patagonia undertaken by his heroes, Yvon Chouinard and Doug Tompkins.

-  Where the Trail Ends    - The world's top professional free-ride mountain bikers search for untraveled terrain around the world.

-  Splinters   - Filmmaker Adam Pesce examines the evolution and impact of surfing in a village in Papua New Guinea as residents prepare for their first-ever national surfing championship.

-  The Art of Flight  - Two years in the making, "The Art of FLIGHT" gives iconic snowboarder Travis Rice and friends the opportunity to redefine what is possible in the mountains.

-  Mount St Elias  - A feature length documentary, telling the true and authentic story of the longest ski descent ever.

-  Mile...Mile and a Half  - During a winter with a large snowfall, five friends leave their daily lives behind to hike the John Muir Trail.
"Not all those who wander are lost."

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]