Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Etape mourne - 27 May 2012  (Read 4044 times)

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
Etape mourne - 27 May 2012
« on: March 28, 2012 »

This looks like a great cycle event through the Mourne roads, i was thinking of having a go then remembered how sore my arse still is after cycling the flat comber greenway at the weekend, maybe i need a few good hills to keep me off the seat, and there are some killer hills in this course  ;D

www.etapemourne.com

The event will start and finish at Annalong Marine Park, Cornmill Quay, Annalong, Newry, Co Down, BT34 4QG.

There are two route distances: 45 miles and 70 miles. There are also two King of the Mountain prize stages within each of the courses.

There will be Feed Stations, PSNI Traffic Support, and professional marshalling and signage on both routes.

45 mile course

70 mile course

and CLIC Sargent is the official event charity

Eimear McCooey, Corporate Fundraising Manager at CLIC Sargent, said: “We are very excited to be involved with this new event and were delighted to hear that cyclists would be supporting our Homes from Home Appeal.”

“On average, families in Northern Ireland have to travel 95 miles, up to five times a week to access the cancer treatment they need for their sick child. Our aim is to build two Homes from Home close to the two main Belfast hospitals so that we can ease this financial and emotional burden on families at an already difficult time. All of the money raised through this event will go towards making that happen.”

About childhood cancer
Every week two children and young people in Northern Ireland are told they have cancer, and diagnosis usually comes as a shock. Treatment normally starts straightaway and can last up to three years. Although survival rates are over 80%, cancer remains the single largest cause of death from disease in children in the UK.

About CLIC Sargent
CLIC Sargent is the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people. It provides clinical, practical and emotional support for young cancer patients and their families, from diagnosis onwards. For more information visit www.clicsargent.org.uk
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012 by LandyLiam »
think outside, no box required

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]