Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Clandeboye Way 31.08.18  (Read 15759 times)

torp

Re: Clandeboye Way 31.08.18
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018 »

Nice one Yak but I could'nt even manage the .2 km lol ;D ;D ;)

whoRya

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018 »

Brilliant Yak.  Just goes to show the adventure that awaits, even within greater Belfast.  I did that part of the walk from Ballygilbert to Conlig a few years ago and really enjoyed it.
"Not all those who wander are lost."

specimanYak

• Hero Poster
    • Videos
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018 »

Nice one Yak but I could'nt even manage the .2 km lol ;D ;D ;)

It was a tranquil dander Torp, I was busted after 0.3 kms :)

Brilliant Yak.  Just goes to show the adventure that awaits, even within greater Belfast.  I did that part of the walk from Ballygilbert to Conlig a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

Thanks G, it's great that it's only a 15 min train ride away as well. I've never walked along the North Down Coast so it was interesting seeing Belfast from a different view-point. It's such an enjoyable route, I'd happily walk it again but head off into Cairn Wood next time.

qos1919

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018 »

Hi Folks
Just read these posts and might try Helens Tower area for a wee over nighter, I am in Bangor so its dead handy, I am fairly new on here and have to say you can pick up lots of good info, cheers   

specimanYak

• Hero Poster
    • Videos
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018 »

There's some great little places you'll find around the forest to pitch up. Have a good one and lets us know how you get on.

Hi Folks
Just read these posts and might try Helens Tower area for a wee over nighter, I am in Bangor so its dead handy, I am fairly new on here and have to say you can pick up lots of good info, cheers

qos1919

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018 »

Thanks Yak will get back let you know how it goes, I have just come back from doing the Hadrians Wall Walk which was really good, but I am a bit of a history and geek!!! And we were dead lucky with the weather which always helps, I would recommend it to anyone though the middle sections are by far the best  :)

specimanYak

• Hero Poster
    • Videos
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2018 »

Good stuff qos, Hadrian's Wall sounds like a fascinating walk taking in the history of it along the way. You're not alone, I love all the ancient features (cairns, forts etc) you find dotted around the landscape here, makes for a more interesting walk.

Thanks Yak will get back let you know how it goes, I have just come back from doing the Hadrians Wall Walk which was really good, but I am a bit of a history and geek!!! And we were dead lucky with the weather which always helps, I would recommend it to anyone though the middle sections are by far the best  :)

Rugged Track

• Top Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2018 »

Hadrian's Wall, looked at doing that a few years ago.  Never got the time etc to get organised, I'm sure it was brilliant.  It sounds great, maybe someday! 

qos1919

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2018 »

Hey folk
Glad to see I am not the only one history geek!!!! lol, and definitely makes any trip even more interesting to find out about the history of the landscape you are travelling through, and Hadrians Wall is one of those things that makes you think, how the hell did they manage to build this in the time the did! (about 7 years!!!) It took nearly that long for them to resurface the road at the end of our street!! lol  :D
Pages: 1 [2]

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]